1. How many unaccompanied asylum seeking children (UASC) are the local authority responsible for? Please provide information by year for 2011, 2012, 2013.
2. How much money was provided by the Home Office each year (2011, 2012, 2013) to support unaccompanied minors, or what was the budget for supporting UASCs, how much was spent?
3. How many former relevant children (i.e. unaccompanied asylum seeking children between the ages of 18-21 years) is the local authority responsible for?
4. How many former UASC received leaving care support for each of the past three years? How much did this amount to?
5. How many appeal rights exhausted post-18 unaccompanied asylum seeking children were supported for each of the past three years?
6. In each of the following years (2011, 2012, 2013), how many times did the local authority share information with the Home Office with information on the individual case of a UASC child, (e.g. passing on information about unaccompanied asylum seeking children in the the LA’s care)?
7. Does the Local Authority have a written policy for sharing case information about asylum seeking children with the Home Office. Please provide a copy of this policy.
8. How many children (under 18 years old) are in Local Authority care because one or both their parents are in immigration detention. Please provide the figures of total numbers for each year 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, and number at 17th Jan 2014.
I can advise you that the information you require is held by Essex County Council and not Brentwood Borough Council.
Freedom of Information requests for Essex County Council can be sent to:
Your Right to Know
Information Sharing Information Security
Po Box 11