1. The number of Members and the total cost of their remuneration
to the Council of their allowances for each of the past ten financial
years and the agreed increase/decrease for this provision in the
Council's budget for such expenditure;
2. The number of senior management officers posts, i.e. Heads of
Services/Directors/Managing Directors/Chief Executives and the cost to
the Council of their salaries and any bonuses paid for each of the past
ten financial years;
3. The number of consultants the Council has paid for their
services for past ten financial years and the total cost of their
remuneration. Please confirm how much the Council budgeted in each of
these financial years and provide information relating to any shortfall
in each year and if there was a shortfall in the budget or such costs
where no provision was made, where the Council found the additional
money to pay such remuneration;
4. How much the Council has paid for loss of office and or exit
packages to senior officers for the past ten financial years and in
which budget such provision was made and where the Council found
additional money from to pay such sums;
5. The percentage of pay awards for the past ten financial years
and the cost to the Council including how much was budgeted for each of
these financial years and which budget additional money came from if the
pay awards exceeded the provision made for pay awards;
6. The amount of incremental rises/pay awards for senior management
officer posts at the Council i.e heads of Service/Directors/Managing
7. The total number of employees whose posts have been reduced
since 2009 and each successive financial year, including the current
8. The number of voluntary redundancies and compulsory redundancies
9. The amount of savings made this current financial year by way of
redundancies/loss of office/exit packages;
10. The amount of provision made in the budget for the pay
awards/bonuses/incremental rises for all staff this current financial
11. The amount of provision made in the budget for single status
payments where salaries have been evaluated to increase and the
12. The percentage of staff who have been sick for the past ten
13. The cost to Council of the service reviews for each financial
year from 2008/09 and cost so far for the current financial year.
Thank you for your e-mail of 12th November 2013 where you requested information about the numbers of Members/Employees/Consultants and the total cost of remuneration to the Council of their allowances for each of the past ten financial years and the increase/decrease for this provision in the Council’s budget for such expenditure and other information.
From our preliminary assessment, it is clear that we will not be able to answer your request without further clarification.
Section 12 of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 makes provision for public authorities to refuse requests for information where the cost of dealing with them would exceed the appropriate limit, which for this authority is set at £450.
A significant amount of the information which you have requested is available within the Statement of Accounts documents which are available on the Council’s website going back to 2008/09. Prior to this date, the information is held within an electronic Financial Management System which is no longer in use. This system was replaced due to its limitations on reporting and retrieving information in an efficient manner. Consequently, in order to provide the information on the scale that you have requested would require significant resource from the Finance Team to identify and analyse the data available. We estimate that it will take us in excess of the applicable time limit to determine the appropriate material and locate, retrieve and extract the information in reference to your request. Therefore, your request will not be processed further.