Under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 I seek the following information about the use of Empty Dwelling Management Orders (EDMOs), which became law as part of the 2004 Housing Act – and came into effect in 2006.
1. Please provide a year-by-year list (as far back as records allow – but no further back than 2006) of how many private homes/flats/maisonettes etc have laid empty for 6 months or more.
2. Please provide a year-by-year list of the number of homes which have met the criteria for the enforcement of EDMO powers - regardless of whether the power was actually used.
3. Please provide a year-by-year list detailing how many times the council has attempted to use EDMP powers – regardless of whether the attempts were successful or not.
4. Please provide a year-by-year list detailing the number of times the council has been successful in enforcing EDMO's on properties within the borough, listing both interim and final types of EDMO?
5. Please provide a year-by-year list detailing the number of homes which - having been obtained by the council under EDMO powers - have then been used to provide social housing and occupied by social housing tenants.
Response emailed with attachment