I would like to request information under the Freedom of Information Act concerning contracts for coin/cash collection from parking machines, Council buildings or any other area.
1. Which contractor(s) does the Council use for coin/cash collection?
2. When will the next procurement process take place for this contract?
3. Please provide the tender specification used for the last procurement process for this service.
4. What has been the Council's annual expenditure on this service for the last three years, broken down as far as possible (i.e. flat fees, volume costs etc)?
5. How many collection points is your contractor expected to collect from in total? How many of these are collected (a) more than daily - please specify frequency (b) daily (c) less than daily but more than once a week (d) weekly (e) other?
6. Please clarify the nature of each collection point - i.e. how many are parking machines/Council buildings/other?
7. What was the total value (£) of coins/cash collected by your contractor in the last three years?
2. The Council are currently reviewing all contracts and this contract will be included as part of that process but would estimate some time in the next 6 months.
3. As the officers involved in the letting of this original contract are no longer here we are unable to identify a copy of the specification at the present time.
4. The Council's annual expenditure on this service for the last three years is:-
5. Two collection points – frequency for both is (c) less than daily but more than once a week
6. Both are Council Buildings
7. Circa £6,490,000