Under the Freedom of Information act I want to request the following information:
1) What is the name of the council officer who is (or would be) responsible for sending information to the Treasury Solicitor, Duchy of Cornwall, Duchy of Lancaster, QLTR, Crown Solicitor, National Ultimus Haeres and/or Farrer & Co with regards to national assistance/public health funerals.
1a) Please include full name of the person
1b) Job title and department
1c) Telephone contact
1d) Postal address
1e) Email address
2) What is the name of the council officer who is (or would be) responsible to trace/inform the family members or relatives of people who have died and are in need of a national assistance/ public health funeral.
2a) Please include full name of the person
2b) Job title and department
2c) Telephone contact
2d) Postal address
2e) Email address
3) It is important that family and friends are aware of the deceased's death and funeral. When the council takes the responsibility for arranging these national assistance/public health funeral, what efforts are made so family members and friends are aware of the funeral taking place?
3a) Does the council place a notice on the website?
3b) Does the council place a notice in the newspaper? What is the name of the newspaper in which the notice is placed?
3c) Does the council place a notice on-line (other than the council website)? What is the name of the website in which the notice is placed.
3d) If the council does not place the notice, is this done by someone external (or another company)? What is the name of the external contact who is responsible for this?
3e) If the council does not place any notices for family or friends to attend the funeral, what are the reasons for this?
4) How many national assistance/public health funerals have occurred from 1st Jan 2013?
5) How many national assistance/public health funerals have occurred prior to 1st Jan 2013 and are still pending cases, where work is still ongoing?
For funerals that have occurred from 1st Jan 2013 :
6a) What is the full name of the deceased?
6b) What is the last known address of the deceased?
6c) What is the date of death of the deceased?
6d) What is the date of birth of the deceased?
6e) Has the council been able to locate the family/relatives?
6f) Who informed the council of the death?
6g) What date has the funeral taken place?
6h) How much did the funeral cost?
6i) How did the council recover the costs of the funeral?
6j) Have you informed the Treasury Solicitor, Duchy, Farrer & Co, QLTR and/or National Ultimus Haeres Unit?
6k) If you have not informed the above (j), please state why not?
6l) If you have informed the above (j), please state the date informed.
7) For funerals that have occurred prior to 1st Jan 2013 and are known as pending cases (where work is still in progress), please answer questions same as above (6a-6l).
1) There is no one Officer that is solely responsible for the handling of parish burials within the Council but it would be handled by either the Environmental Health Department or Officers within the Parks and Countryside Department who are responsible for the Council's cemeteries.
2) As answer in question 1.
3) Officers of Brentwood Council will attempt to establish relatives or other interested parties such as executors of estates etc from reviewing documents obtained at the deceased’s property or any personal items that may have been on their being at the time of death.
3a) No notice is placed on the Council's website.
3b) Adverts will be placed in local newspapers such as the Brentwood Weekly News or the Brentwood Gazette.
3c) No other notices are placed on any external websites.
3d) Please see answers 3a and 3 c.
3e) Please see answer in 3b.
4) The Council has had no involvement in any Parish Burials since 1st January 2013.
5) The Council has had no involvement in any Parish Burials that are still pending prior to 1st January 2013.
6) For all parts of question 6 please see answers to questions 4 and 5