I wish to request a copy of the Managing Director's initial Job Description and Person Specification. Plus a copy of her CV (edited where necessary for essential confidentiality).
How have her responsibilities / remit changed substantially to justify such a whopping bonus? Please supply the MD's updated JD and Person Specification which reflects the 'promotion' and 'extra responsibilities' talked of by Lousie Mckinlay in this weeks Gazette (July 10th 2013).
Louise McKinlay says the MDs 'senior officer arrangement' is 'the second cheapest in the county'. How does this arrangement compare within the UK, not just in Essex? (We all know that Essex County Council is a law unto itself.)
She says ' A full review of like for like pay and conditions was carried out in comparison to other authorities'.
WHICH authorities - only those in the county of Essex? Which others?
Louise Mckinlay talks of 'changes made'. What changes please? Who authorised them / made them?
What is an 'effective' promotion?
How is the Managing Directors performance reviewed? With which criteria? Were these met?
Please could you also supply a copy of the Job Titles, JDs and Person Specifications for the 12 jobs lost.
1. Job Descriptions
Please find attached the current job description and person specification for the Managing Director and the job description of the role previously undertaken.
We have not supplied a copy of Alison Crowe’s CV as the Council does not hold a copy.
2. Comparison with other Authorities
The benchmarking proposals put before the Senior Officer Remuneration Panel included data from the following authorities:
• Babergh District Council
• Basildon Borough Council
• Braintree District Council
• Broadland District Council
• Broxbourne Borough Council
• Cambridge City Council
• Castle Point Borough Council
• Chelmsford City Council
• Colchester Borough Council
• Dacorum Borough Council
• Epping Forest District Council
• Essex County Council
• Forest Heath District Council
• Harlow District Council
• Huntingdonshire District Council
• King’s Lynn and West Norfolk Borough Council
• Maldon District Council
• North Hertfordshire District Council
• North Norfolk District Council
• Norwich City Council
• Rochford District Council
• South Norfolk Council
• Southend on Sea Borough Council
• St Albans City and District Council
• Stevenage Borough Council
• Suffolk Coastal Council
• Tendring District Council
• Three Rivers District Council
• Thurrock Council
• Uttlesford District Council
• Waveney District Council
• Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council
3. Performance Review
The performance review arrangements for the Managing Director were agreed at Council in December 2012 and the report can be found from page155 here: http://www.brentwood.gov.uk/minutesdocs/agendas/amdoc2641.pdf
The business case that was agreed by Council in February outlined a 3 year transformation programme that gave indicative numbers of posts that might be made redundant. The business case can be found here http://www.brentwood.gov.uk/minutesdocs/agendas/amdoc2681.pdf on page 81. As that programme is currently underway we cannot provide the details that you have asked for.