1. How many of the following licences have been issued in the last 12 months (or alternatively, if easier to ascertain, in the 12 months to 31 March 2013)?;
a) Private Hire Drivers;
b) Hackney Carriage Drivers (whether or not issued as a dual driver licence);
c) Private hire Vehicles;
d) Hackney Carriage Vehicles;
e) Private hire operators.
2. Please confirm the current application fee for each licence (or if licensing data has instead been given in answer to question (1) above for the last full financial year, the application fee charged for each licence on 31 March 2013)
3. Has the Authority adopted the provisions of Part II Local Government Miscellaneous Provisions Act 1976?
4. On what date did Part 2 of the Act come into effect? and
5. Please give the date on which Council first resolved, under s 45(2) of the Act, to adopt Part II of the Act?
6. Please confirm, for the last day of the 12 month period in respect of which licence data has been provided in answer to question 1 above, the unit cost per drivers licence of the cost of issue and administration of Private Hire Drivers licences and Hackney Carriage Drivers licences.
7. Please confirm, for the last day of the 12 month period in respect of which licence data has been provided in answer to question 1 above, the unit cost per Licensed Hackney Carriage Vehicle, Licensed Private hire Vehicle and Private hire Operators licence, of the aggregate of Hackney Carriages and Private hire Vehicles inspections carried out by or on behalf of the council, and the cost of providing hackney carriage stands, and administrative or other costs, (if including other costs, please specify what these relate to), in connection with the foregoing, and with the control and supervision of hackney carriage vehicles and private hire vehicles.
8. Please confirm what officer time recording arrangements are in place for correctly calculating the costs data to demonstrate compliance with the licence fee charging provisions of the Act.
Questions 4 and 5 have been answered as an approximate date which can be researched in more detail should this be specifically required, however, this does require a trawling of records which would have resulted in delaying the response. Whilst I can confirm that the provisions were without doubt adopted please advise should you require more accurate information as to specifically when.
With regard to the rest of the information requested, you find that this is all listed as indicated above. The information is public information but is not readily available in easily accessible form and as such has been submitted to you in full.
Please do not hesitate to contact me should you believe that anything you have requested is incomplete.