Would you please provide information for the time period of December 2012 until the date of your reply?
1. Have any NHS trusts or hospitals notified the council on information regarding a death, where there have been no known next of kin?
2. If yes, please provide the name of the person and department, who is responsible for providing this information to the council, along with a telephone number, postal address and email address.
3. Within the council who is responsible for dealing with these deaths or public health funerals where there have been no known next of kin?
3a. For question 3, please provide the name of the person (and department) along with a telephone number, postal address and email address.
4. How many deaths have been referred to the council via the NHS trust or hospital since December 2012?
5. How many public health funerals have occurred within the council since December 2012?
6. For each public health funeral where there have been no known next of kin, does the council contact any organisation to trace the next of kin? If yes, please state the name of the firm/company and why?
7. Does the council have a contract with these companies/firms? If not, what is the reason for using these companies/firm?
8. For question 4 and 5 (for each funeral or death), please provide:
a) Name of the deceased
b) Date of death and date of birth
c) Last known address
d) Have the next of kin have been traced
e) Reason for providing the funeral
f) Have the costs of the funeral been recovered?
g) Have you referred this information to the Treasury Solicitors, Duchy of Cornwall, QLTR, Duchy of Lancaster, National Ultimus Haeres, or any other person/organisation? If yes, please state the date and the name of the organisation to which the referral has been made.
I can confirm that Brentwood Borough Council has had no involvement in any burials that required referral to the Treasury Solicitor, Duchy of Lancaster or Cornwall or for Scotland the QLTR department since 1st December 2012.