The Department for Communities and Local Government has asked your local authority to work with a target number of ‘troubled families’ over three years. Under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, please can you tell me as of 1st March 2013:
1. The total number of ‘troubled families’ your local authority is to work with over the three years;
2. How many families in your local authority have been identified to work with under the Troubled Families programme;
a. Of these, how many families fit all three of the Government’s criteria of youth crime or anti-social behaviour, truanting, and an adult on out-of-work benefits?
3. What ‘local criteria’ are you using to identify families beyond the Government’s stipulated criteria?
4. How many families in your local authority have been ‘attached’, that is, have consented to engage in the programme;
5. How many families in your local authority have declined to consent to being involved in the programme;
6. Whether you are contracting out to voluntary sector organisation(s) to deliver the Troubled Families programme;
a. If yes, please state which, and whether it is all or some of the direct delivery.
I can advise you that the information you require is held by Essex County Council and not Brentwood Borough Council.