Can you please provide some information with regards to persons who have died with no known next of kin since 1 September 2012 to the date of your response.
It would be greatly appreciated if you could include any cases that have been or will be sent to the Treasury Solicitor (or Duchy of Lancaster/Duchy of Cornwall, QLTR or National Ultimus Haeres) and any cases where the deceased died on or before 1 September 2012 but have recently come to attention for any reason.
For each deceased persons please include the following information:
1. First name & Surname
2. Date of death and Date of birth
3. Last known residence of the deceased
4. Estimated value of estates
5. Date on when the information was or will be sent to the Treasury Solicitor (or Duchy of Lancaster, Duchy of Cornwall, QLTR or National Ultimus Haeres)
6. Name of persons responsible for sending this information to the Treasury Solicitor (or Duchy of Lancaster, Duchy of Cornwall, QLTR or National Ultimus Haeres)
7. Who or which authority has reported this death to the council?
8. Once a death has been reported, who is in charge of examining the estate of the deceased?
9. What is the role of the Department of Work and Pensions if it is a pensioner who has died with no known next of kin?
10. Who or which other authority do you send the details of the death?
11. Apart from the council, Treasury Solicitor (or Duchy of Lancaster, Duchy of Cornwall, QLTR or National Ultimus Haeres) who else is notified of the death of the deceased with no known next of kin?
12. Who is responsible for the deceased if he/she has died within the care of the NHS or a nursing home?
RE: FREEDOM OF INFORMATION REQUEST – PARISH BURIALS/PUBLIC HEALTH FUNERALS
Thank you for your freedom of information request pertaining to deaths that the council has sent or will be sending to the Treasury Solicitor, this has been passed to me for a reply as the responsible Officer for this service area.
I can confirm that Brentwood Borough Council has had no involvement in any burials that required referral to the Treasury Solicitor, Duchy of Lancaster or Cornwall or for Scotland the QLTR department since 1st September 2012.