As of January 2013, please could you tell me:
1) How many allotment sites are there in Brentwood for which the Council has access to waiting list data?
2) What is the total number of plots on these sites?
3) What is the total number of people on waiting lists for these sites?
4) Are any of these waiting lists closed to further applications?
5) How many new allotment sites on council land were brought into use in 2011 and 2012? Please give:
a) number of new sites
b) names of new sites
c) total area of new land in hectares
d) total number of new plots
Thank you for your freedom of information request pertaining to allotments within the Borough, this has been passed to me for a reply as the responsible Officer for this service area
The Council has a number of allotment sites around the Borough but these are all managed by external organisations. The land is still retained under the ownership of the Council but the sites are leased to two Horticultural Societies that manage the sites on behalf of the Council. As such tenancy agreements, fees and charges, and information relating to the costs involving utilities and waste removal would be held by these two organisations. I would therefore direct you to contact these organisations for the information you require, for your information their contact details are as follows:
Hutton Horticultural Society
Contact: Bryan Sams
Brentwood Horticultural Society
Contact: Ben Page
Telephone: 01277 213574