This request is made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and further to a decision of the Information Tribunal in England and the London Borough of Bexley v Information Commissioner 2007.
In accordance with the above, I hereby request a list of Business Rate accounts that meet the following criteria:
1. Current overpayment/credit shown for any financial year if credit balance hasn't been carried forward
2. Accounts where a 'write on' has been used since 1st April 2000 to cancel an overpayment which has not since been reversed
I would request that the list contains the following information:
* Ratepayer name *
* Address of property concerned
* Amount of overpayment/write on
* If possible, the period/financial year relating to overpayment/credit/write on
*Information is only requested where the ratepayer is a company and not an individual as I appreciate this is limited by the Data Protection Acts.
The attached document indicates credit balances of companies currently held on our non domestic rate database up to the period ending 31 March 2012. As requested the table provides the name of the ratepayer, the address of the hereditament, the amount of the credit balance and the rate year(s) to which it applies