Under the general requirements of the Freedom of Information Act 2000, I would be grateful if you would provide the following information in relation to B184 Dunmow Road and in particular the section between Fyfield and Ernest Doe.
If you request the following information, it should enable you to adequately consider the authority's safety inspections and road classifications:
* Dates of all safety inspections undertaken on the carriageway in the two years preceding the date of your incident
* Details of all carriageway defects identified during safety inspections in the two years preceding your incident
* Details of how carriageway safety inspections are undertaken, including whether walked or driven, the speed of the inspection vehicle and the number of persons in the vehicle.
* The intended frequency of carriageway safety inspections.
* Details of all complaints and/or enquiries relating to the carriageway, received in the two years preceding your incident.
* The hierarchy classification.
* The road/section number.
* The defect intervention criteria adopted in relation to the identification of all categories of carriageway potholes (in other words, this means how they define a pothole as requiring attention)
* The time period(s) adopted between identification and repair (temporary and permanent) of all categories of carriageway defects.
* Whether or not the authority has formally adopted all or part of the standards contained within the national code of practice for highways maintenance management.
I write to acknowledge receipt of your FOI regarding the B184 Dunmow Road but would advise that it should be addressed to Essex County Council as the Highways Authority at YourRightToKnow@essex.gov.uk.