I should be most grateful if you would supply:
· All recorded information (including meeting minutes and reports and all internal and external correspondence) on the action your Council considered necessary to take in respect of the LGA's letter of 15 January 2010. (I attach a copy of the same for ease of reference).
· The dates of all such decisions and deliberations plus details of the bodies or Officers within the Council who have considered what action needed be taken.
· All recorded information on any enquiries, clarifications sought or responses the Council made to the letter.
· If the Council decided to do nothing, please provide me with comprehensive details of the decision making process.
· Was the Council concerned that, in agreeing to the suggestion, there might be an attempt by a public body to avoid its responsibilities?
This request is being handled under the Environmental Information Regulations 2004 (EIR) and the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOIA).
I respond to your questions as follows:
It is the Council’s opinion that the letter from the LGA does not suggest that local authorities withhold any fees that have been unlawfully charges, nor does it suggest that local authorities should do nothing.