I would like information on people dying with no next of kin being known at the time of death from 1/1/12 to the day of your response to this request. If someone died before 1/1/12 but the case has only come to your attention since, could you please also include details, as follows:
1. Surnames and forenames or initials
2. Dates of death
3. Age at death or date of birth
4. Place of birth
5. Marital status
6. Maiden surnames of married or widowed women
7. Usual address at time of death
8. Approx. value of their estate if known
9. The date you sent information to the Treasury Solicitor (or, if in Lancashire, the Duchy of Lancaster, or, if in Cornwall, the Duchy of Cornwall), or confirmation that this action was not applicable.
10. If you have yet to send the information on, as per 9 above, or a decision has not yet been made whether or not to do so, please also advise of this.
RE: FREEDOM OF INFORMATION REQUEST – PARISH BURIALS/PUBLIC HEALTH FUNERALS
Thank you for your freedom of information request pertaining to deaths that the council has sent or will be sending to the Treasury Solicitor, this has been passed to me for a reply as the responsible Officer for this service area.
I can confirm that Brentwood Borough Council has had involvement in one burial that required referral to the Treasury Solicitor, Duchy of Lancaster or Cornwall or for Scotland the QLTR department since 1st January 2012.
I can also confirm that the Council holds the following information in relation to this burial:
• Name of Deceased: Mr John Malcolm Ball
• Date of Birth of Deceased: 29/6/47
• Next of kin were traced and notified
• Date of cremation: 5/7/12
I’m afraid at this stage no other information is held or available.