I should be grateful if you could assist me in some research I am undertaking regarding Officer recommendations for planning approval and the subsequent planning history.
I would be obliged if you could respond to my query under the Freedom of Information Act/EIR regarding applications for planning permission in your Authority for the period 1.1.06. to the present day.
Please provide the following information:
· The percentage of Officer recommendations for planning permission turned down by Members.
· The percentage of Officer recommended refused planning permissions that went to appeal.
· The percentage of such Officer recommended refusals that were granted permission upon appeal.
· Of those Officer recommended applications that went to appeal, the percentage that were granted permission:
1. On written representations
2. Via informal hearing
3. Via formal planning inquiry
· Of those applications granted planning permission upon appeal, the percentage that resulted in the Council having to pay the appellant’s costs.
If you are unwilling/unable to calculate the percentages, please just provide the numerical data.
Any additional information you are able to supply would be greatly appreciated
In response to your Freedom of Information Request No.4166 relating to Officer recommendations for planning approvals, I have to advise that currently the Uniform system used by my Council does not hold this information and thus cannot be retrieved electronically and to search manually by my staff would be excessive in terms of cost and time. Section 12 of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 makes provision for Public Authorities to refuse requests for information where the cost of dealing with them would exceed the appropriate limit, which for this authority is set at £450.00.
The information regarding planning approvals, although not in a collated format is available for extraction from the public domain (http://www.brentwood.gov.uk/index.php?cid=572), (http://www.brentwood.gov.uk/index.php?cid=574) and (http://www.brentwood.gov.uk/index.php?cid=71) although this does not date back as far as 2006.
With regard to your request for information concerning appeals, again this cannot be retrieved electronically at this authority and the comments outlined above would also apply.