This letter is a request for information under the freedom of information act and I hope you can assist me. I appreciate you might not hold all of the information below, but would like to know as much as you can provide. I would like to know details of anyone who has died with no known next of kin from 1/1/2012 to the day of your reply. If there are any new cases where the person died prior to 1/1/2012, but that were only dealt with after this date, pleas also include details, and to be more specific;
1. their full names
2. the date they died
3. the approximate value of their estate
4. their dates of birth or age at death
5. whether or not they were married, divorced, single, or widowed
6. the maiden surnames of married females or widows
7. their address at death
8. the date when a referral was made of this estate to the Treasury Solicitor or Duchy of Lancaster or Cornwall
9. If a referral to the Treasury Solicitor or Duchy has not yet been made and you think it will be made soon could you advise me of this too.
10. If a case is still undecided or awaiting referral, please also advise of details.
RE: FREEDOM OF INFORMATION REQUEST – PARISH BURIALS/PUBLIC HEALTH FUNERALS
Thank you for your freedom of information request pertaining to deaths that the council has sent or will be sending to the Treasury Solicitor, this has been passed to me for a reply as the responsible Officer for this service area.
I can confirm that Brentwood Borough Council has had no involvement in any burials that required referral to the Treasury Solicitor, Duchy of Lancaster or Cornwall or for Scotland the QLTR department since 1st January 2012.