- Please inform me of the total number of government procurement cards that are currently in use by employees and members of Brentwood Borough Council including a breakdown and the names of the officers/members who have them - e.g. six currently in use, four officers (names go in here) and two members (names go in here)
- Please inform me of the total number of government procurement cards in use by employees and members of Brentwood Borough Council at the end of each of the following years: 2006/07, 2007/08, 2008/09, 2009/10, 2010/11, 2011/12
- For each year above, please provide a breakdown, including the names of the officer(s) and members who held the cards at the year end - e.g. 2006/07 - eight cards in use at year end, six officers (names go in here), two members (names go in here)
- Please inform me of the total amount of money spent on government procurement cards by employees and members of Brentwood Borough Council in each of the following years: 2006/07, 2007/08, 2008/09, 2009/10, 2010/11, 2011/12
- For each year above, please provide a breakdown of each purchase (the amount and what the money was spent on) e.g. 2006/07, £10 spent, £1 packet of sweets, £5 taxi fare, £4 fruit e.t.c
- Please advise me what criteria the borough council uses to decide who should receive a government procurement card
Thank you for your e-mail of 8th May 2012 where you requested information about the Council’s use of procurement cards.
From our preliminary assessment, it is clear that we will not be able to answer your request without further clarification.
Section 12 of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 makes provision for public authorities to refuse requests for information where the cost of dealing with them would exceed the appropriate limit, which for this authority is set at £450.
In order to provide you with the information on the scale that you have requested would require us to search through manual files to list each individual cardholder and their transactions.
We estimate that it will take us in excess of the applicable time limit to determine the appropriate material and locate, retrieve and extract the information in reference to your request. Therefore, your request will not be processed further.
You may wish to refine your request and keep within the cost limit of £450 by asking for this information from December 2009 onwards.