1) How much money is the council owed by developers under Section 106 agreements agreed for the years 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012? Please provide details of what this outstanding m oney was promised for – for example parks, social housing etc.
2) How much money has been received in Section 106 money for the years 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012? Please break down by year and payments.
3) How much section 106 money which has been received by the council has been spent for the year s 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012. Please give details if possible of what this money has been spent on.
4) How much section of 106 money which has been received by the council has not been spent on the agreed projects for the years 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012.
5) Please provide details of the five largest 106 agreements the council has made between 2007 and the present day made including:
6) Does the council currently run a section 106 agreement monitoring database?
Thank you for your e-mail of 24th April 2012 where you requested information about the Council’s Section 106 funds.
From our preliminary assessment, it is clear that we will not be able to answer your request without further clarification.
Section 12 of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 makes provision for public authorities to refuse requests for information where the cost of dealing with them would exceed the appropriate limit, which for this authority is set at £450.
We estimate that it will take us in excess of the applicable time limit to determine the appropriate material and locate, retrieve and extract the information in reference to your request. Therefore, your request will not be processed further.
If you are dissatisfied with the handling of your request, you have the right to ask for an internal review. Internal review requests should be submitted within two months of the date of receipt of the response to your original letter and should be addressed to: Complaints Coordinator, Brentwood Borough Council, Town Hall, Ingrave Road, Brentwood, Essex CM15 8AY.
Please remember to quote the reference number above in any future communications.
If you are not content with the outcome of the internal review, you have the right to apply directly to the Information Commissioner for a decision. The Information Commissioner can be contacted at: Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.