Please can you reply to the below freedom of information request concerning housing maintenance budget and procurement policy.
1. How many council homes does your authority manage.
2. Please provide the total budget spend on housing maintenance and repairs to managed council housing properties in the financial years 2008/09, 2009/10, 2010/11.
3. Please provide the total budget spend of housing maintenance and repairs to managed council housing properties in the financial years 2008/09, 2009/10, 2010/11 completed by:
a) Medium sized enterprises
b) Small sized enterprises
c) Micro sized enterprises
Definition of these categories provided in the following link and the below table, any of the three criteria can be used to categorise the enterprise. http://ec.europa.eu/enterprise/policies/sme/facts-figures-analysis/sme-definition/index_en.htm.
Balance sheet total
= € 50 m
= € 43 m
= € 10 m
= € 10 m
= € 2 m
= € 2 m
4 Is it a policy requirement of your authority when awarding a contract for housing maintenance works that the contract value must be less than 20% of the total company turnover? Yes or No
5 What policies and initiatives do you have in place to encourage Small and Medium sized enterprises to bid for housing repairs and maintenance contracts, and please can you provide any documentation you may have in this area.
In response to your freedom of information request, please see the below information as requested:
1. Approximately 2500
2. 2008/9 not available
3. Maintenance completed by in-house maintenance staff BOS
4. Not applicable as in-house
5. Not applicable as in-house