I would like to request the following information.
The information you have requested is as follows:
1. The % change in pay which the council has assumed in its budget planning for 2012-13. I am interested in the figure related to the annual pay rise (or freeze) decided through National Joint Council negotiations. 0%
2. The financial cost of above change. Nil
3. Any NJC-linked change in pay, in % terms, which the council has assumed in its budget planning for later years, but only if assumptions for later have been made. N/A
4. The financial cost of above changes. N/A
5. If the council is opted out of the NJC pay structure, please indicate any budget assumptions the council has made for cost of living pay changes for 2012-13 and later years. N/A
6. The salary of your highest paid employee; the salary of your lowest paid employee (excluding and including apprentices); the mean average salary of all non-school staff; and the median average salary of all non-school staff.
Highest – £97,000
Lowest – £13,728
Mean – £25,364
Median - £21,786
7. Whether the council has included or intends to include a pay multiple in the pay policy required by section 40 of the Localism Act and, if so, what that pay multiple is. Not at this stage as the Council is undertaking a Single Status exercise
8. If the council has set a pay multiple at which it would like to aim, as per paragraph 20 of DCLG’s guidance on pay policies, and what that aspirational pay multiple is. As No.7
9. Whether the pay multiples in your pay policies use the median or mean salary of staff. Median
10. Whether the pay multiple will or won’t include schools staff. N/A