To try and establish the true picture across all Essex Councils I have been asked to write to each Chief Executive asking for data on this topic:
Please could you advise me:
1. The total sum held or due to your council as a result of Section 106 agreements relating to planning applications that have been implemented.
2. The total sum held or due to your council as a result of Section 106 agreements relating to planning applications that have been approved but not yet implemented.
3. Details of any conditions relating to any of the funding detailed in (1) and (2) above which means the funding can only be used on specific projects and if so details of those projects including likely implementation date.
• Brentwood Council currently hold £908,000 in its accounts in respect of Section 106 fund;
• Of this, approximately £824,000 relates to the provision of affordable homes, this fund was received in June 2011 and Strategies are being drawn up on how the fund is to be utilised; there are no conditions attached to the fund;
• £50,000 relates to the provision of play facilities, plans are in place to utilise this fund; however, there is a condition that any fund remaining unspent at the 5th anniversary of the receipt (i.e 10 December 2015) shall be repayable to the developer.
• Again approximately £30,000 is in relation to the creation of a Cycle path, this work is in progress and the fund will be fully utilised.