Under the freedom of information act 2000 I request the following information:
1. The number of menu description* breaches / non compliance recorded
at establishments such as restaurants and takeaways inspected in 2016/17 (to date), 2015/16, 2014/15 and 2013/14.
2. Details of the aforementioned establishments including their name and details of the breach / problems found.
a. if possible, please split these into which area of menu description rules was breached - i.e. was it mislabelled as home-made, vegetarian etc.
3. the number of establishments that failed to accurately declare food allergens on their menus (including risks of cross-contamination) in 2016/17 (to date), 2015/16, 2014/15 and 2013/14.
4. Details of the aforementioned establishments including their name and details of the breach / problems found.
5. The total number of establishments under your remit.
* based on trading standards rules, there are regulations about when labelling something 'home-made,' 'fresh,' or 'vegetarian' etc., as well as rules on labelling foods as genetically modified.
We are not a Trading Standards authority so are not involved in the above mentioned.