Could you please provide details of the amount (total number, percentage of all applications and percentage of refusals) for detached houses that planning applications were refused on grounds of:
1. negative impact on the character and appearance of the area by way of its bulk and design.
2. not being compliant with Policy CP1 (i) and (iii) of the Local Plan.
3. causing material harm to the living conditions of neighbouring residents by way of a loss of light
4. causing material harm to the living conditions of neighbouring residents by way of loss of outlook and
5. causing material harm to the living conditions of neighbouring residents by way of an overbearing impact
6. because they are not compliant with Policy CP1 (ii) of the Local Plan.
I have received the following information from the planning officer:
I advise refusal of the request on the following grounds:
• The request is very broadly framed – it potentially relates to all refused planning applications for houses since the first use of Policy CP1. This would pre date the adoption of the 2005 local plan (25 August 2005). Since August 2005, 432 applications relating to dwellings have been refused.
• The Council does not hold the information in a consolidated form. It would require an assessment of the decision notice of each application.
• It would cost too much or take too much staff time to deal with the request.
• Documents that would allow the applicant to compile the information herself are available on the ‘public access’ part of the Council’s website.
Unfortunately in that time period our system providers were experiencing issues resulting in us not receiving competent persons scheme notifications. We therefore do not hold the information you are requesting.