I am a student currently undertaking a Masters in Legal Practice and would be grateful if you would be able to assist me with
my FOI request.
How much is the legal services department training budget?
How many fee earners are employed in the legal services department?
How many paralegals (or of equivalent title) are employed in the legal services department?
How many legal executives are employed in the legal services department?
How many solicitors are employed in the legal services department?
How many legal apprentices are employed in the legal services department?
What is the salary range of paralegals employed in the legal services department?
What is the salary range of legal executives employed in the legal services department?
What is the salary range of solicitors employed in the legal services department?
What is the salary range of legal apprentices employed in the legal services department?
Can you supply me with a copy of the job descriptions for each of the following roles:11.1
Can employees in the legal services department work from home and/or agile work and what is the policy for this?
What employee benefits are available for working in the legal services department, for example and including but not limited to: pension schemes, healthcare, flexi-time?
Is the legal services department an ABS, shared-service and/or in-house department?
Does the legal services department sell services to external clients?
Thank you for your e-mail of 12 June 2017 where you requested information about Brentwood Borough Council Legal Services (BBCLS).
We have now completed searching for the information you requested; answers are as follows:.
1. There is no pre-allocated amount for training within the BBCLS budget however budget allocation may be made on a case by case basis.
7. N/A – see 3 above
8. N/A – see 4 above
9. This is available on the following link:
10. Not Applicable see 6 above
11. 1.Not Applicable see above
2. Not Applicable see above
3. Copy attached
4. Not applicable see above
12. Employees in BBCLS may work remotely. The remote working policy is currently under review and this will be published once completed.
13. Employee benefits include membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme, and salary sacrifice schemes for childcare and car leasing. Flexi-time is available under the Council’s general policy to permanent staff not of a higher senior management level, however no such permanent staff are in the employ of Brentwood Legal Services.
14. BBCLS is an in-house department. It is also a member of the Public Law Partnership, an association of Council in-house legal departments across Essex, Hertfordshire and Suffolk, which is a platform for sharing services on a case by case basis, and BBCLS has engaged currently and in the past with Essex Legal Services and BDT Legal based at Barking & Dagenham and Thurrock.