“Prefabricated and System-built Housing”
“I am currently undertaking some research into system-built and other non-traditional houses and flats. I hope to be able to compile a list of such dwellings in a number of boroughs, including
I am particularly, but not exclusively, interested in housing constructed by and for local authority housing departments in the 1940's 50's and 60's, including such types as TWA, Cornish, Reema,
BISF and many dozens of other types of prefabricated concrete, steel and timber, and several types of in-situ concrete dwellings. Much of this housing, but by no means all, was designated under the Housing Defects Act 1984 and was subject to various investigations
and recommendations by the Building Research Establishment.
Would you please consult your records, including Housing Department and Building Control files, and let me know of any such dwellings in your Borough and including any that may have been sold,
transferred or demolished. Any documents that you have may be of interest to me but particularly those that include street addresses or gazetteers.”
You have requested the following information:
• Housing constructed by and for local authority housing departments in the 1940’s, 50’s and 60’s, including such types as TWA, Cornish Reema BISF and many dozens of other types of prefabricated concrete, steel and timber, and several types of in-situ concrete dwellings.
We can confirm that your request has been deemed:
1. Not to relate to recorded information held by Brentwood Borough Council Housing Services.
2. Is not data personal to yourself.
3. Does not require an obligation to create new information.
4. Is not related to prohibited and/or exempt information.
5. Is a valid request.
6. Does not place an unreasonable burden on resources and/or exceed the set costs limited.
7. Not to require a charge to be levied to the information requester.
Response from Building Control:
Building Control would ensure that any application made under the Building Regulations ; for whatever proposal, would be checked and inspected to ensure compliance with the legislation.