Please could you supply the following information, if possible, separately, for each financial year from 2010 until the present
day (incl 2015-16 if data is available).
1. In each financial year, how many applications for a Disabled Facilities Grant did your council receive?
2. How many applications for a Disabled Facilities Grant (DFG) did your council approve?
3. How much money was available to your council in total (annually) for DFGs?
4. How much of your funding for DFGs was spent? (please answer in £)
5. How much extra funding (if any) did you pay out on top of your DFG budget, to meet grant requests? (please answer in £)
6. How many applicants waited longer than the six month limit for a decision on their application for a DFG?
7. What was the longest amount of time that an applicant waited for a decision on their application for a DFG?
8. How many applicants waited longer than the time limit of a year after grant approval to receive their grant and have adaptations completed?
9. What was the longest amount of time an applicant waited after grant approval to receive their grant and have adaptations completed?
10. What was the average (median) amount of funding requested and awarded?
11. If known, how many applicants were in residential care while they waited for a grant?
(Under the Housing Grants, Construction and Regeneration Act 1996, councils in England and Wales must provide DFGs to people who qualify to fund adaptations, on a means-tested basis in respect
of disabled adults. Under section 34 of the act, councils must make a decision on an application and notify the applicant within six months of the application being made. Under section 36 of the act, the DFG must be paid within 12 months of approval being
See excel attachment for response