See questions below
In response to your FOI request, I can confirm the following:
1. The currently proposed increase (if any) in the council tax rate charged by the council for 2016/17. Please give a total figure and then divide it into (a) non-ringfenced increase and (b) adult care precept (if applicable). So, if the increase is 3.99%, please respond with 3.99% comprising of (a) 1.99% and (b) 2%. In this question, "proposed" includes where a council is consulting on a preferred option, or in the absence of this, where a council has temporarily assumed a certain level of increase (possibly in its Medium Term Financial Plan) prior to a final decision.
(a) £3.97 increase (b) Nil
2. Please state what level of council tax rate rise (if any) is currently assumed or forecast for (a) 2017/18, (b) 2018/19 and (c) 2019/20 (this may be via the MTFP)
No rise planned at present.
3. In which financial year did the council last increase the council tax rate?
4. What is the forecast shortfall in the council's 2016/17 adult care services budget, including cost pressures and central government funding cuts, but *prior* to applying any savings proposals, fee increases, and forecast revenue from the council tax adult care precept?
5. How much additional revenue does the council expect to generate through its proposed council tax adult care precept in 2016/17?
6. Has the council been given dispensation by the UK government to increase its council tax rate by more than 2% in 2016/17 without a referendum, by virtue of its pre-existing low council tax rates?
7. On what date is the council cabinet/executive (or equivalent) due to finalise its proposed council tax rate for 2016/17?
16 February 2016
8. On what date is the council (presumably via a meeting of full council) due to formally approve its council tax rate for 2016/17?
2 March 2016
For questions 9-12, please see link below. Public Reports Pack Agenda Item 8.
9. What was the maximum percentage of a working-age Council Tax Support (CTS) claimant's council tax bill that was paid by the council under the council's 2015/16 CTS scheme (excluding specified protected/vulnerable groups)?
10. What is the maximum percentage of a working-age Council Tax Support (CTS) claimant's council tax bill that will be paid by the council under the council's 2016/17 CTS scheme or proposed CTS scheme (excluding specified protected/vulnerable groups)?
11. What other changes (if any) is the council making (or proposing to make) to working-age entitlement under its CTS scheme in 2016/17? (This excludes minor routine alterations that do not affect working-age claimants' entitlement to receive CTS)
12. On what date is the council due to formally approve its CTS scheme for 2016/17 (if not already done so)?