I am seeking information about the homeless households that apply as homeless to the council and for which the council accepts a duty to house (acceptances).
Please send me the following information:
1) How many homelessness households has your borough accepted a duty for in 2015 to date?
2) What were the five main reasons that households presented as homeless during that time (ie the five most common reasons for the loss of the last settled accommodation)?
3) How many of those households were placed in temporary accommodation in your borough?
4) What were the most common areas in which those homeless households were placed in temporary accommodation in your borough?
5) How many of those homeless households were placed in temporary accommodation outside of your borough?
6) What were the most common areas outside the borough in which those homeless households were placed?
7) How long on average have homeless households this year spent in temporary accommodation?
8) In what sector are homeless households in your borough most likely to be found settled accommodation (ie in the private rental sector or in social housing). How many were found settled accommodation this year in the private rental sector and how many
in social housing?
9) Does your council provide a storage service for homeless households that are placed in temporary accommodation. If so, how long does the council provide that storage and how much does it cost?
10) Did housing benefit cover the full costs of temporary accommodation for homeless households this year or have some households had to pay costs towards that accommodation?
11) Does your council discharge its homelessness duty to the private sector?
The information you have requested is attached.