Brentwood Borough Council

Brentwood Borough Council

Quick Links

Skip Navigation | Home page | Site map | Search | Help | Complaints procedure | Disclaimer | Feedback | Access key details
Brentwood Borough Council

FOI 11378

Dwellings not on mains drainage. e.g. dwellings with septic tank/cess pit,


I was hoping that this is something that you can help me with?

I am trying to ascertain what properties in the district have no mains drainage, I have an idea that this information may be held in the planning permission stage with any property, that has been built or is in the process of being built. This basic request is on the basis that I would like to find out if and what properties that are not on mains drainage have, their own treatment facility e.g. cess pit or septic tank. Or possibly an option to look at a summary list of areas maybe.

To be honest im not entirely sure that this request is aimed at the correct department? So any help with his matter will be greatly appreciated. If you feel that you would require any additional information please do not hesitate to contact me.


I can confirm that Brentwood Borough Council do not hold the information that you have requested, I have checked with Building Control and they have advised that the information you require can be obtained from either Thames water or Anglian Water.ail sent 26.08.2015