· How many primary/junior schools (up to and including 11 years old) in the Brentwood Borough Council area have applied for a Temporary Event Notice (TEN) between 01 April 2013 and 31 March 2014 to sell/serve alcohol to adults at events where children will be present? For example, school fetes and school discos
· Of those who applied during that time period, how many schools were granted TEN licences and how many were rejected?
· Between 01 April 2013 and 31 March 2014, how many Temporary Event Notices (TENs) have been requested by primary/junior schools (pupils up to and including 11 years old) in the Brentwood Borough Council area wanting to sell/serve alcohol to adults at events where children will be present? For example, school fetes and school discos
· Of those applications received, how many were granted and how many were rejected?
· Could you also provide the same information for the time between 01 April 2014 and 31 March 2015.
I refer to your request for information relating to Temporary Event Notices (TEN) in respect of Schools where alcohol is provided to parents whilst children are present.
When a TEN is received the details are uploaded onto our electronic database. The application for such a TEN must be made by an individual rather than the premises where it is held. Equally there is no requirement for the person making notification to advise the licensing authority as to who is attending. The only requirement is that they advise of approximate numbers and do not exceed 499 persons present at any one time. It may be possible to undertake a search to identify the number of TENs held at a school premises during the time periods requested but this will not necessarily be for alcohol (it could be entertainment only) and will not be able to identify whether children were present.
For the above reasons I am unable to provide a figure as requested.
I can however, state that no such TENs (if any were applied for) were rejected as no TENs at all were rejected in the time period that you have requested. Any such rejection would have to be determined by Committee of which there were none held in respect of TENs. This figure does not account for any that may have been withdrawn by the applicant following objection(s), although I do not hold figures on the numbers of withdrawn applications