I am writing as a concerned citizen to request some information regarding training spend for Brentwood Borough Council. As a taxpayer I am interested to know where the Council are allocating funding towards training and whether this is being conducted efficiently.
I am requesting this information in accordance with the Freedom Of Information Act 2000 and appreciate your timely response, the questions I would like to ask are included below:
1) How much do you spend on training per year?
2) Please list the top three suppliers of training.
3) How are the suppliers selected and against what criteria?
4) How can we (the taxpayers) be sure that the most cost effective training provider was selected?
5) Who is responsible for purchasing Council’s training (i.e. which departments and who are the decision makers)?
6) At what points during the year does the Council make decisions to purchase training throughout the year?
7) How much of the training budget remains for this financial year (ending 31st March 2015)?
8) Does the Council hold any contracts for the ongoing supply of training? How are these managed? Is there a reassessment process in place when these are up for renewal?
See attachment for response