This is a request for information, filed under the Freedom of information act 2000. We wish to obtain the information, from the Council, relating to unclaimed business rate credit balances.
We are aware that all Billing Authorities hold on account sums of money that are due to be returned to ratepayers and for a variety of reasons have not been repaid and maybe considered untraceable by the Council.
We therefore request a breakdown of credit balances accrued since your earliest records, for the amounts owing to all incorporated companies within the authorities billing area, including
· The name of each business in respect of which non-domestic rate credit balances remain payable
· The value of overpayment in each case which remains unclaimed
· The years(s) in which overpayment was made and
· The hereditament address
· The name of each business in respect of which non-domestic rate credit balances has been written back on to the ndr account
· The value of write back in each case which remains unclaimed
· The years(s) in which write back was made (if available) and
· The hereditament address that the write back relates to
email re business objects already sent